Monday, March 7, 2016

A Latin Language Version of Adele's "Hello" by Keith Massey, PhD

I had not done a new Latin language cover since just before New Year's, when I did Auld Lang Syne.

A friend forwarded to me the information on a Cover Contest, and I decided it was time to create.

I chose Adele's "Hello." After the video, I share the English and Latin lyrics. If you are a Latin student or teacher, I hope you find the product a useful way to make Latin come alive in the modern world. I invite you to like the video on Youtube. Who knows, maybe a Latin language video can make a showing in this contest!





Verse
Hello, it's me Salve, sum ego
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet Mirabar si tibi convenire post hos annos placeret
To go over everything ut omnia meditaremur
They say that time's supposed to heal ya Dicunt tempus te sanare
But I ain't done much healing Sed non sanatus sum multum
Hello, can you hear me Salve, me audire potes
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be Sum in California somnians de quibus eramus
When we were younger and free Ubi eramus iuniores et liberi
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet Oblitus sum quomodo erat antequam mundus cecidit pro nobis
There's such a difference between us Tanta differentia est inter nos
And a million miles et decies centena milia passuum
Chorus
Hello from the other side Salve de altera parte
I must have called a thousand times scilicet milies vocavi te
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done ut tibi narrarem me paenitere pro omnibus quae feci
But when I call you never seem to be home Sed ubi te voco, numquam es domi
Hello from the outside Salve de foris
At least I can say that I've tried Possum saltem dicere me conatum esse
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart tibi dicere me paenitere animum tuum fregisse
But it don't matter it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore Sed non refert quod clare te distrahit non amplius.
Verse
Hello, how are you? Salve, quid agis?
It's so typical of me to talk about myself I'm sorry dicere de me ipso soleo, me paenitet
I hope that you're well Spero te valere
Did you ever make it out of that town where nothing ever happened discessisti umquam ex oppido in quo nihil accidit
It's no secret that the both of us secretum non est ut nobis
Are running out of time tempus fugit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis